1/24/2012

Uncle Charlie Update


It has been awhile since I have updated on Uncle Charlie. I had been going crazy trying to find out exactly who this person was. Last week when I went to the house I felt something, but very briefly. But I did find a picture of this possible Uncle Charlie. It was tucked away in the owners closet. Is that why I wasn't feeling anything??? Who knows. So, being a little investigator now, I looked on the back of the painting to see if there were any info. Viola! There was! On the back was a piece of stationary and the name of the person in the photo. It was Uncle Charlie. In fact it read as follows...
I have found nothing that even comes close to who he is. But....Maudie, whom is the writer of this note, I did find. In fact, I also found her sisters. Maudie passed away in 2006. From reading her obituary, she was quite and amazing woman in her time. Anyway, that actually lead me nowhere. I was really wanting to know how this spirit arrived in this house. By the info I have found, there is no possible way that Uncle Charlie ever lived in this house. Which does lead me to believe that he is attached to this painting. So, how does this all make sense? Well on Monday of this week my mom went back to the house, as scheduled. Uncle Charlie's painting was back on the wall where he originally resided. This just happens to be at the landing at the bottom of the stairway, where I first felt the chills.
Through Mom's investigative work, she has found out some info also. In fact, just the info I was searching for. Basically.....who was he and how did he get here? Mom, as always, came through with shining colors. She found out from the owner that Maudie was a distant relative and that is how the painting came to be in this house, it was given to the current owner. Uncle Charlie was also a relative of the two of them. Their exact relation I can't say, but now I know how this painting of him arrived in the house.
The story of his death was also quite interesting. On the back of the painting it mentioned Tuberculosis as his cause. Come to find out that was not the case. Back in the days, Charles was a maritime courier. He somehow slipped off a dock one day and was crushed between two boats. He was rushed to the hospital where he later died from an infection that resulted from his injuries. I guess from there his spirit attached itself to the painting and has been with it ever since.


 Mom told me that the home owners children used to have to close their bedroom doors at night so that they were able to sleep because that was when Charlie normally came out. Which reinforces what Michael the eldest told me. Imagine growing up in a house your entire life and living with a spirit of a distant relative whom you have never met. WOW!! It's almost like the family sticks together....as they should, even after death.
Now I know what I know and that is very refreshing. I just hope that if I ever go back I am able to sense his presence and talk to him.

2 comments:

Simone said...

Wow! This is an amazing story, I can't wait for another update :)

Mini said...

Thanks Simone! I hope I am lucky enough to be able to sense something again in the house. I sorta missed it! LOL